Sunday 10 April 2011

It's A Small (Bruce) World

Hi Guys.  Well it's been a slow news week and I'm wondering whether I will have to start diversifying a little and telling you more about my non Bruce world.  Yes there is one if I dig deep enough!

So I went to the hairdressers this week.  To cut a long story short I have been going to my previous hairdresser for years.  Her salon has closed and I was faced with finding someone new.  Hairdressing seems to be a young person's job - at least in a city like Leeds it is - and a trendy young person at that.  Finding a place where I didn't feel a hundred years old was key to me feeling comfortable.  After a couple of false starts I opted for a small independent place.

So she is wielding the scissors and making polite conversation and we get on to holidays - standard hairdresser conversation.  I say I am not going anywhere this year  but would like to go back to NYC sometime.  Told her we saw Bruce at MSG and she said ... 'I love Bruce Springsteen.  Saw him in Gothenburg!'  Of all the hair stylists in all the salons in all the world I choose her - spooky.  Ha! - it was a Bruce story after all.

Been thinking about starting on my Bruce doll this week.  I made Belinda a couple of months ago and I've just finished Cassandra.   Both girls have gone to good homes.


Belinda
Cassandra
cassandra





Thought I would do a bit of research into Bruce's face.  Of course I know what he looks like but as I'm not confident of getting a good likeness I thought I would lean towards a sort of caricature.

 This lead me to these pictures among many.  Hmmmm don't think I'll be copying any of these.  Need to practice a soul patch though!





But what really took my eye was this because he's a doll - someone has got there before me!

 

I think he's quite cute.  If you are interested here's the designer's blog featuring more dolls she has produced.  Mike has his head in his hands at this moment.  He knows full well that this is another handicraft I must have a go at.

I checked out The 100 Club today just to see what his number 1 song was.  I've mentioned this blog a couple of times before because the writer chose two Springsteen songs in his top 100.  Good choice for the top slot and great to see that he is now a proud dad.

My trawl through the blogs also turned up a cover of 'I'm On Fire'  here.  and Bruce's appearance at The Wonder Bar last week gets a mention in OK magazine - maybe not the UK version though.  Might have a quick flick through in WH Smiths tomorrow just in case!

Bruce is putting in another one of his guest appearances. This time on a track on the New Stewart Franke CD.  No I'd never heard of him.  In case you are as clueless as me here he is



Finally for this week a special mention for my hubby Mike.  It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow so this is for him





No comments:

Post a Comment